October is one of my favorite months. Partly because it’s my birthday month. Partly because of the change in the leaves and the colors and the cool, crispness of the fall air. Friday night the hubby and I went out to dinner where he gave me my birthday present early: Tickets to see Van Morrison in NYC in November! How lucky am I?
Five things to be grateful for this October:
1. Sleeping with the windows open! With the cool autumn weather, I can snuggle up in the covers without worrying about hot flashes from the Tamoxifen.
2. Boots! Who isn’t thrilled to be able to start wearing their boots again after a summer of flip flops?
3. The leaves. All that summer rain brought such beautiful and colorful leaves this year.
4. Pumpkin flavored coffee, muffins, pies, breads…..yum, and good for you too.
5. Fall clothes! I was getting so sick of wearing sleeveless summer tops, so happy to be layering up in sweaters and scarves.
|Such a riot of colors this fall.|
|The leaves are falling.|
|The mums are in full bloom.|