I haven’t had time for a “real” post in the last 2 weeks because of how busy work has been but this quote really spoke to me today.
- Shut down the office at 5 (6:00 PM at the very latest). I have lots of West Coast contacts for my job, so this is tough, but I’m going to be adamant with them that just because they work ’til 9:00 PM EST (6:00 PM PST), doesn’t mean that I do. If I can get this under control it will make the biggest difference of all.
- Only go on social media early in the a.m. and late in the p.m. after all else is done so that I can focus my efforts to get work done during the day, and allow myself time to spend with the kids and hubby at night.
- Take a short walk with the dog each day so that I get out into the fresh air, now that spring seems to finally be coming to New Jersey (yay!).
- Eat healthily so that I’ll have the energy I need to get everything accomplished. Just started “Eat for Life” and am loving it. Have wanted to be a vegetarian for a long time, this particular program is working for me really well, and pretty easily. More about it when I have time to write a longer post about it.
- Stop drinking coffee in the afternoons. When I get tired or hit my 3:00 PM “I need a pick-me-up,” I’ve been having coffee which then in turn makes me really hyper and anxious. So, no coffee, just decaf or herbal teas.
- Go to all of my son’s baseball games. The fresh air and time with the other baseball moms will provide a good break from my craziness of work, and will let my son know how important his games are to me (even though watching a baseball game is about as exciting as watching paint dry, to me).
- Squeeze in time with family and friends. This weekend I’m going into the city to see an exhibit with old friends from college. Last weekend I went in for a college orientation with my daughter and it was great, very reassuring to see how organized and supportive her college is.
- Take a deep breath every time my clients change their plans. That’s the hardest for me, as I’m juggling so many things and they keep updating, shifting and changing their priorities. But, remember that I work from home and so when this happens, I get to take a deep breath, hold the phone away from my ear for a second and remain calm. I’m working on this one every day!
How about you? Has this spring been hectic for you? I’m seeing a lot of comments on Facebook lately about how busy everyone is, am thinking it might be the time of year.